FREE Identity Theft Detection and Recovery Service!
Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union is delighted to provide identity theft detection and recovery services as a part of our checking account at NO COST. This free service includes:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance
- Entitlement to Credit Monitoring
- Mobile Device Protection
Simple Free Convenient Checking
- No monthly service fees.
- 24/7 mobile and online account access.
- Deposit checks by phone with our NEFCU 2GO app.
- FREE Online Bill Payer and Zelle®
- Premium Texting - verification of unusual or suspect debit card activity via text message.
- Dividends earned on checking accounts with a $300.00 average monthly balance.
- Payroll Deduction / Direct Deposit.
- View cleared check images online.
- Monthly statements with option of electronic statements.
- Set customized mobile alerts.
- Debit Card with access to surcharge free ATMs nationwide.
- Overdraft Protection Line of Credit available (subject to credit approval).
- Insured by NCUA
Use your NEFCU debit card anywhere you would use cash, credit cards or checks. You can also use it at an ATM to get cash. Thanks to our membership with Money Pass and ATM CO-OP networks, members have to access thousands of surcharge free ATM's nationwide.
We encourage our members to notify us if you plan to travel internationally or domestically. Travel notifications can be added to further safeguard your account. Fraud monitoring systems will question unusual activity which could result in declined debit and credit transactions.
Premium Texting is here! Monitoring your transactions for unusual or suspect activity is a priority to us. We can now verify your debit card activity via text messaging. You will receive a text message from our risk team displaying " Nebraska Energy FCU" and you will follow the prompts to indicate the validity of the transaction.
To receive text alerts, please be sure we have your text or cell phone number. You can log into the NEFCU secure online banking website or call 800-453-3913 to provide any updates needed.
NEFCU recommends that members carry an alternative payment method as a backup when traveling because not all cards are universally accepted, especially during international travels. In addition, cards can be lost or stolen. Due to regulatory requirements and incidents of fraudulent activity, NEFCU blocks certain debit card activity based on risk. Travel and online point of sale purchases outside the United States will be declined.
Surcharge Free ATM Locators
We're here to supercharge your finances, not add on surcharges. Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union is a member of Money Pass, and ATM CO-OP networks providing the locations of thousands of surcharge free ATM's available to our members. To explore various locations and directions on downloading apps, please click on the icons below:
Sometimes the road to financial success can short circuit. For that reason, Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union offers members the convenience of overdraft protection in the form of a line of credit which allows for an automatic advance of funds directly into your checking account.
How it works:
- Application available online
- Subject to credit approval.
- Overdraft Line of Credit $500 - $5,000.
- Advances repaid in monthly installments of 3% of balance used and are originated directly from your checking account on the last day of the month.
- Avoid overdraft fees.