Sending money is as easy as sending an email or a text message.
What is Popmoney®?
Popmoney is a person-to-person payment service available through Virtual Branch Online Banking /Bill Pay. Popmoney lets you send money to friends, family, co-workers, or any person that you owe, safely and securely. Payments are sent electronically using an email address or a text/mobile number.
How to Access Popmoney?
If you are already enrolled in Virtual Branch Online Banking and Bill Pay, you’re ready to send or receive money. Log on to Virtual Branch Online Banking and click the Bill Pay tab. Here you will find the Popmoney tab and step by step instructions to send money “person-to-person”. Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union members can transfer funds using Popmoney free of charge for amounts up to $1,000.00 from their Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union checking account.
How Does Popmoney Work?
- To send money, log in to your Virtual Branch Online Banking account, select the Bill Pay tab then click Popmoney.
- Send money using the recipient’s name and email address, mobile number or checking/savings account number.
- Make it extra special by using one of the eGreetings available.
- You will be notified when the transaction is completed.
- If your recipient’s financial institution is a part of the Popmoney network, they can complete the transaction from their own financial institution’s online banking site. If not, they can go to www.popmoney.com to pick up the funds and direct the funds to their bank account. The money will move from your Nebraska Energy Federal Credit Union account to theirs – without having to exchange financial account information with each other.
- Useful if you have someone that owes you money. You can send them a direct request for the amount they owe.
- In Popmoney, select “Request Money” then enter the name and email address or mobile number of the person you are requesting money from and the amount.
- You can request money from multiple people on the same transaction, say five of your friends owe you $5.00 each for a gift.
- You can enter a due date and reminders to be sent as the due date gets closer.
- People can pay you the money they owe directly through Popmoney. You’ll receive a notification each time someone has paid your request.